In pursuance of the action plan to monitor the attainment of Vision and Mission of the Institute, the National Assessment & Accreditation Council proposes that every Institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution's system and works towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC in BMSIT&M is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of various departments in the Institute. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution to channelize and systematize the efforts and measures of BMSIT&M towards academic excellence.
Objectives of the IQAC Committee:
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of BMSIT.
- To promote BMSIT measures for functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Maintaining the momentum of quality consciousness in all the departments.
- Acting as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level.
- Playing the active role in the preparation of performance indicators.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates the attainment of vision and mission of the various departments and processes necessary changes for continuous improvement.
- Monitors the attainment of Vision and Mission of the Institute.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Institute.
- Monitoring the feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Generating good academic ideas and practices to work for planning, implementing and measuring the outcome of academic and administrative performance of the institution and developing good quality culture.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- To guide, facilitate and encourage quality-related programs/activities of the Institute leading to quality improvement.
- Monitoring and Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institute for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format.
- Any other assignment by the Principal
Procedural Steps to carry out the Responsibilities
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell will develop a quality manual describing various benchmarks and the processes designed to achieve them.
- The manual would describe the Quality Assurance System, the set of guidelines, codes of good practices and procedures to be implemented by the various departments/committees/cells.
- Based on the prescribed guidelines, each department/committee of the Institute would develop its own internal quality assurance mechanism. The mechanism shall be coherent with quality assurance framework set forth in this policy and approved by the IQAC, to evaluate the quality of teaching programmes and courses, academic staff, teaching and learning processes, student assessments, support services, resources and facilities, and research and programme review processes.
BMS Institute of Technology and Management has been accredited by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) with CGPA of 3.21 with ‘A’ grade valid up sto 31/12/2026.